Coverage Features and Comparison
Members are protected by a custom tailored public entity coverage program that is occurrence based, leaving no gaps:
- Comprehensive Liability Coverage — General, professional, employment practices, employee benefits, and auto liability
- Public Officials Liability — Broad occurrence based coverage
- First Party Property — Comprehensive all-risk coverage for all property, vehicle and mobile equipment losses, as well as food and sales/hotel tax interruption losses
- Boiler & Machinery, including state required inspections
- Crime & Fidelity — Theft, dishonesty, computer fraud, and non-faithful performance of duties by employees, public officials and volunteers
- Public Officials Bonds — Statutorily required with available supplemental bonds
IRMA’s pricing averages 35% less than the commercial insurance market, according to a JLT Re Insurance Market Comparison Study. IRMA’s administrative costs are less than 11% versus an estimated 20%-25% for commercial insurance providers.
Our custom, public sector-focused services enable members to prevent losses and reduce their costs. When you join IRMA, we begin a thorough process to assess your public entity’s risk environment.
IRMA offers members several optional coverage programs at discounted rates, including Fiduciary Liability, Underground Storage Tank Liability, Volunteer Accident and Disability, Tenant/User Liability Insurance Program (TULIP), and a web-based Special Events Liquor Liability coverage program.
Unemployment claims administration service
Extensive medical management services for workers’ compensation including:
- Nurse case managers
- Medical bill audits
- Utilization review
- Medical management networks (PPO/PPP)
Pooled Services Program- Discounted pricing for IRMA member:
- COBRA/FMLA Administration
- Mobile Drug/alcohol testing
- Mobile Hearing Testing/Hearing Conservation
- Employment Background Testing
- Post-offer/Pre-hire Physical abilities Testing
IRMA’s coverage is custom-tailored to meet the comprehensive needs of our public entity members.
“Based on my years of experience working for IRMA communities, I will always recommend IRMA. There is no other pool or insurance option that provides the high quality and responsive claims service, outstanding investment returns and timely trainings targeted at reducing municipal losses; it’s a full package. IRMA understands municipalities – our business and our needs.”
Assistant Village Manager for Wilmette and IRMA Chair-Elect
“Overall one of the best pools we’ve reviewed with respect to the consistency and depth of their risk management program, loss control training for members and adherence to actuarially sound pricing for the pool’s retained layer.”
America 2014 Underwriting Review