IRMA: Your Comprehensive Risk Management Partner
In these complex economic times, public sector pooling through the Intergovernmental Risk Management Agency (IRMA) is the right choice.
IRMA is a member-owned, self-governed public risk pool. For nearly 40 years, we have provided municipalities a full range of comprehensive insurance coverage at substantial savings to our members. Think of us as a one-stop shop for your risk management program.
- Lower rates for comprehensive custom coverage
- Stabilized, transparent contribution formula
- Full-service claims and litigation management
- Reduced risk with our effective training and risk prevention programs
- Yearly choice of deductible
- Better service to your constituencies
- Grant programs to assist your municipality in reducing risks
We are proud to be one of the nation’s most highly regarded risk pools with an average member tenure of 25 years. IRMA only serves municipalities – that’s all we do!
Ready to Save…and Earn?
At IRMA, we start by conducting a thorough internal audit to assess your entity’s risk environment. After this review, we develop a flat rate for coverage, with a formula that takes into account key risk factors. Most members see dramatic savings with IRMA.
On the other side of the equation, IRMA also invests for growth. We have more freedom than municipalities with
our investment choices, and that means a higher rate of return. Our members receive 7% annual returns on average.
To learn more about how your entity can benefit from joining IRMA, email Margo Ely, IRMA Executive Director, at [email protected].